Labor Dispute Lawyer in NJ
Trusted Employment Dispute Attorney Advocates for Clients’ Interests in the Resolution of Labor Disputes in Bergen County, Hudson County, Queens County, Long Island, and Throughout North Jersey and NYC
In business, having seasoned legal counsel on your side is critical to ensuring your compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to protecting your interests if you do find yourself in an employment or labor case. An employment dispute attorney can not only represent you or your business if you find yourself in litigation or other formal legal proceedings but can also help you develop employment policies that minimize the risk of disruptive legal disputes. Turn to an experienced labor dispute lawyer in NJ at Choi Law Firm for the legal advice and advocacy that you or your business need.
Since 2005, our firm has been dedicated to providing excellent representation and client service throughout New York City and North Jersey. Our hard work on behalf of our clients is reflected by the fact that our clients often refer our firm to others who need high-level legal support. With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, our team of attorneys has the knowledge and skill necessary to handle even the most complex cases. Our firm appreciates the benefit of quick action, so you can trust us to efficiently handle your employment or labor matter so that you can get back to work.
If your business has an employment or labor dispute, you need experienced legal representation that will argue for a fair and favorable result in your case. Reach out to Choi Law Firm for an initial consultation to learn more about your legal options. Our employee dispute law firm handles cases in Bergen County, Hudson County, Queens County, Long Island, and throughout North Jersey and NYC.
Labor and Employment Law
Employment and labor laws govern all aspects of the relationships between employers and employees. While many have been designed to protect the rights of employees, these laws maintain a balance of fairness and equity between employers and employees that is vital to the health of all businesses. They require attorneys to be knowledgeable about such issues as human resource guidelines, wage and hour statutes, occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation, and anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws.
The Types of Cases a Labor Dispute Lawyer in NJ from Choi Law Firm Can Help With
At Choi Law Firm, our attorneys are available to provide assistance in employment and labor law mediation and arbitration sessions as well as in courtroom litigation. We have a thorough understanding of New Jersey and federal labor and employment laws — including Title VII of the Civil Rights Law of 1964, the Taft-Hartley Act, the Equal Pay Act (EPA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) — and handle a broad range of cases.
Our employee dispute law firm assists businesses and companies that are facing labor/employment disputes or litigation involving:
- At-will employment, including the termination of at-will employees
- Written and oral employment contracts, including offer letters and employee handbooks
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Binding arbitration agreement
- Bonus/commission agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Restrictive covenants, including non-compete, non-solicitation, no-hire, and non-disclosure agreements
- Severance agreements
- Shareholder, partnership, and LLC operating agreements
- Temp agency contracts and employment agreements
- Invention assignment agreements
Our legal team can also assist you with employment and labor disputes involving:
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation or arbitration
- FINRA arbitration in financial/securities industries
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) proceedings
- National Labor Relations Board proceedings
Lastly, our firm represents clients in labor and employment law matters, including:
- Discrimination claims associated with national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability
- Wage and hour disputes
- Harassment in the workplace
- Workplace safety issues
- Class action litigation
- Collective bargaining
- Pension and salary negotiations
- Non-competition and non-disclosure agreements
Let an Employment Dispute Attorney with Our Firm Go to Work to Efficiently Resolve Your Employment or Labor Dispute
Labor disputes have the potential to completely disrupt your business. An experienced labor dispute lawyer in NJ from Choi Law Firm can help you take the steps necessary to avoid legal disputes or litigation in the first place. Our firm is also here to protect your company’s interests if a legal dispute or lawsuit cannot be avoided. Turn to our firm for help with
- Developing effective employee and human resources policies, including employee handbooks, anti-discrimination/harassment policies, and hiring/promotion/disciplinary/termination procedures
- Drafting standard employee contracts and restrictive covenant agreements
- Going through state and federal labor audits
- Ensuring proper employee classification and compliance with wage and hour laws
- Conducting investigations and reviews of employee discrimination or harassment allegations
- Negotiating on behalf of your business in key employment contractors or collective bargaining agreements with workers or unions
If your company is faced with an employee or labor dispute, our employment dispute attorneys will vigorously advocate on behalf of your interests by:
- Investigating the underlying facts and circumstances of the dispute to recover evidence needed to understand your legal rights and options and to begin building your case
- Providing a hands-on approach in our legal representation, including frequent communications to keep you updated on the progress of your matter and to answer questions you have that may arise during the case
- Discussing legal options for resolution of the employee or labor dispute you are facing and providing you with tailored, creative solutions aimed at an efficient and positive outcome
- Negotiating on your behalf when the dispute ends up in settlement negotiations, mediation, or arbitration
- Advocating on your behalf in court or at trial when litigation becomes necessary to achieve a resolution to the case
We are committed to ensuring that every client receives personalized attention, including regular updates regarding case progress and options. While achieving a swift resolution is our goal whenever possible, our attorneys do not hesitate to take cases to court when a better outcome can be achieved in that way.
Turn to the Employee Dispute Law Firm of Choi Law Firm for a Confidential Consultation to Learn More about Your Legal Options
Do not leave the outcome of a labor or employee dispute to chance. Our firm can provide you with tailored legal solutions aimed at quickly securing a favorable result in your labor dispute case. We have the legal savvy needed to help you with everything from compliance issues to wrongful discharge claims. Contact Choi Law Firm today for a confidential case evaluation to discuss how a labor dispute lawyer in NJ from our firm can help you to achieve a fair and favorable outcome as efficiently as possible so that you can get your focus back on building your business.
Frequently Asked Questions about Employment/Labor Disputes in NY/NJ
Effective ways to avoid having your business end up in a costly, distracting employment or labor dispute include having well-drafted, effective employment and labor agreements that can resolve issues or problems before they escalate to the point of a legal dispute, as well as adopting company policies and procedures that strengthen employer-employee communications and relationships. An experienced labor dispute lawyer in NJ from Choi Law Firm can not only help protect your business when you find yourself in the middle of a legal dispute or lawsuit but also assist you with contractual and legal matters that can help reduce the risk of issues turning into litigation.
Yes. Most employment and labor cases are resolved through alternative dispute resolution procedures rather than through traditional court litigation. Many labor agreements and employment contracts have clauses requiring employers and employees to pursue an out-of-court resolution of their dispute through formal mediation or through arbitration. Alternative dispute resolution has several benefits over court litigation, including enabling a quicker and less expensive process to achieve a resolution to a dispute, as well as confidentiality.
“I always felt that they were genuinely fighting for me; truly looking out for my best interests."
I am very grateful for Sandra Choi and her team. They were kind, compassionate, thorough and very professional throughout the entire process of my case. I always felt that they were listening to my concerns and interests and provided all the professional advice and answers to my questions that I needed to feel confident about my decisions.”
“One of the best things about Ms. Choi is that she is caring and listens carefully to understand your situation."
Sandra Choi is attentive, kind, thoughtful, and professional. She was thorough and well-prepared throughout my case, and I was impressed by her honesty and work ethic. Ms. Choi and her team were helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns, and she certainly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Ms. Choi and her team.