New Jersey Labor Dispute Lawyers
Trusted Employment Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Advocate for Clients’ Interests in the Resolution of Labor Disputes in Passaic County, Essex County, and Throughout New York, including Queens County, Nassau County, and NYC
In business, having seasoned legal counsel on your side is critical to ensuring your compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to protecting your interests if you find yourself in an employment or labor case. An employment dispute attorney can not only represent you or your business in court or other formal legal proceedings, but they can also help you make employment policies that make it less likely that you will have to deal with a legal dispute. Turn to the experienced New Jersey labor dispute lawyers at the Choi Law Firm for the legal advice and advocacy that you and your business can depend on.
Since 2005, our firm has been dedicated to providing excellent representation and client service throughout New York City and North Jersey. Our hard work on behalf of our clients is reflected in the fact that our clients often refer our firm to others who need high-level legal support. With 90 years of combined experience, our legal team has the knowledge and skill necessary to handle even the most complex cases. Our firm appreciates the benefit of quick action, so you can trust us to efficiently handle your employment or labor matter so that you can get back to work.
If your business has an employment or labor dispute, you need experienced legal representation that will argue for a fair and favorable result in your case. Reach out to the Choi Law Firm for an initial consultation to learn more about your legal options. Our law firm handles cases involving employee disputes in Bergen County, Passaic County, Queens County, Nassau County, and all over North Jersey and New York City.
Table of Contents
- Labor and Employment Law
- The Types of Cases the Choi Law Firm’s New Jersey Labor Dispute Lawyers Can Help You With
- Let Our Experienced Employment Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Go to Work to Efficiently Resolve Your Labor Dispute
- Turn to Our Employer / Employee Dispute Law Firm for a Confidential Consultation to Learn More About Your Legal Options
- Frequently Asked Questions About Employment and Labor Disputes in New Jersey
Labor and Employment Law
Employment and labor laws govern all aspects of the relationships between employers and employees. While many have been designed to protect the rights of employees, these laws maintain a balance of fairness and equity between employers and employees that is vital to the health of all businesses. They require attorneys to be knowledgeable about such issues as human resource guidelines, wage and hour statutes, occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation, and anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws.
The Types of Cases the Choi Law Firm’s New Jersey Labor Dispute Lawyers Can Help You With
At the Choi Law Firm, our lawyers are available to help with mediation, arbitration, and court cases related to employment and labor law. We have a thorough understanding of New Jersey and federal labor and employment laws—including Title VII of the Civil Rights Law of 1964, the Taft-Hartley Act, the Equal Pay Act (EPA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)—and handle a broad range of cases.
Our employee dispute law firm helps businesses and companies that are dealing with:
- At-will employment, including the termination of at-will employees
- Written and oral employment contracts, including offer letters and employee handbooks
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Binding arbitration agreement
- Bonus/commission agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Restrictive covenants, including non-compete, non-solicitation, no-hire, and non-disclosure agreements
- Severance agreements
- Shareholder, partnership, and LLC operating agreements
- Temp agency contracts and employment agreements
- Invention assignment agreements
Dealing With A Commercial Litigation Issue And Have Questions? We Can Help. Just Tell Us What Happened. Call 201-613-5557 Or Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form.
Our legal team can also assist you with employment and labor disputes involving:
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation or arbitration
- FINRA arbitration in financial/securities industries
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) proceedings
- National Labor Relations Board proceedings
Lastly, our firm represents clients in labor and employment law matters, including:
- Discrimination claims associated with national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability
- Wage and hour disputes
- Harassment in the workplace
- Workplace safety issues
- Class action litigation
- Collective bargaining
- Pension and salary negotiations
- Non-competition and non-disclosure agreements
Let Our Experienced Employment Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Go to Work to Efficiently Resolve Your Labor Dispute
Labor disputes have the potential to completely disrupt your business. The experienced New Jersey labor dispute lawyers at the Choi Law Firm can help you take the steps you need to avoid legal conflicts or lawsuits in the first place. Our firm is also here to protect your company’s interests if a legal dispute or lawsuit cannot be avoided. Turn to our firm for help with:
- Developing effective employee and human resources policies, including employee handbooks, anti-discrimination/harassment policies, and hiring/promotion/disciplinary/termination procedures
- Drafting standard employment contracts and restrictive covenant agreements
- Going through state and federal labor audits
- Ensuring proper employee classification and compliance with wage and hour laws
- Conducting investigations and reviews of employment discrimination or harassment allegations
- Negotiating on behalf of your business in key employment contractors or collective bargaining agreements with workers or unions
Get Advice From An Experienced Commercial Litigation Attorney Serving Clients In New Jersey And New York. All You Have To Do Is Call 201-613-5557 To Receive Your Confidential Case Evaluation.
If your company is faced with an employee or labor dispute, our employment dispute attorneys in Bergen County, NJ will vigorously advocate on behalf of your interests by:
- Investigating the underlying facts and circumstances of the dispute to recover evidence needed to understand your legal rights and options and to begin building your case
- Providing a hands-on approach in our legal representation, including frequent communications to keep you updated on the progress of your matter and to answer questions you have that may arise during the case
- Discussing legal options for the resolution of employee or labor disputes you are facing and providing you with tailored, creative solutions aimed at an efficient and positive outcome
- Negotiating on your behalf when the dispute ends up in settlement negotiations, mediation, or arbitration
- Advocating on your behalf in court or at trial when litigation becomes necessary to achieve a resolution to the case
We are committed to ensuring that every client receives personalized attention, including regular updates regarding case progress and options. While achieving a swift resolution is our goal whenever possible, our attorneys do not hesitate to take cases to court when a better outcome can be achieved in that way.
Turn to Our Employer / Employee Dispute Law Firm for a Confidential Consultation to Learn More About Your Legal Options
Do not leave the outcome of a labor or employee dispute to chance. Our firm can provide you with tailored legal solutions aimed at quickly securing a favorable result in your labor dispute case. We have the legal savvy needed to help you with everything from compliance issues to wrongful discharge claims. Contact the Choi Law Firm today for a confidential case evaluation to discuss how our qualified New Jersey labor dispute lawyers can help you achieve a fair and favorable outcome as efficiently as possible so that you can get your focus back on building your business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Employment and Labor Disputes in New Jersey
If you want to keep your business from getting into a costly, time-consuming employment or labor dispute, you should have well-written, effective employment and labor agreements that can solve issues or problems before they get to the point where they need to go to court. You should also have company policies and procedures that improve communication and relationships between employers and employees. The experienced New Jersey labor dispute lawyers at the Choi Law Firm can help protect your business if you are in the middle of a legal dispute or lawsuit. They can also help you with contractual and legal issues that can make it less likely that an issue will turn into a lawsuit.
Yes. Most employment and labor cases are resolved through alternative dispute resolution procedures rather than through traditional court litigation. Many labor agreements and employment contracts have clauses requiring employers and employees to pursue an out-of-court resolution of their dispute through formal mediation or through arbitration. Alternative dispute resolution has several benefits over court litigation, including enabling a quicker and less expensive process to achieve a resolution to a dispute, as well as confidentiality.
“I always felt that they were genuinely fighting for me; truly looking out for my best interests."
I am very grateful for Sandra Choi and her team. They were kind, compassionate, thorough and very professional throughout the entire process of my case. I always felt that they were listening to my concerns and interests and provided all the professional advice and answers to my questions that I needed to feel confident about my decisions.”
“One of the best things about Ms. Choi is that she is caring and listens carefully to understand your situation."
Sandra Choi is attentive, kind, thoughtful, and professional. She was thorough and well-prepared throughout my case, and I was impressed by her honesty and work ethic. Ms. Choi and her team were helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns, and she certainly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Ms. Choi and her team.