New Jersey Real Estate Dispute Lawyers
Construction Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Guide Clients Through Conflicts in Real Estate and Development Deals in Passaic County, Essex County, and Throughout New York, including Queens County, Nassau County, and NYC
Due to the time and money that people put into developing and building, real estate and construction disputes are often some of the hardest-fought legal cases. If you are facing obstacles or conflicts with your development project, the trusted New Jersey real estate dispute lawyers at the Choi Law Firm can handle everything from construction disputes to development deals on your behalf and advocate for your rights and interests.
Since 2005, our firm has been a respected and trusted legal advisor to clients throughout North Jersey and New York City. With 90 years of combined legal experience, our team of attorneys has the skills to handle even the most complex and high-stakes cases. Over the years, we have built a reputation of success that has led our clients to recommend us to others seeking excellent legal services.
Do not let a real estate development or construction dispute jeopardize your hard work. Contact the Choi Law Firm for a confidential case evaluation to talk about your rights and legal options for resolving your situation as quickly as possible. Our construction dispute attorneys in Bergen County, NJ serve clients in Passaic County, Essex County, and throughout New York including Queens County, Nassau County, and NYC
Table of Contents
- Types of Matters That Our New Jersey Real Estate Dispute Lawyers Can Help You With
- What Our Experienced Construction Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Can Do to Make a Difference in Your Legal Matter
- Reach Out to Our Qualified New Jersey Real Estate Dispute Lawyers for a Case Evaluation to Discuss Your Legal Options
- Frequently Asked Questions About Construction and Real Estate Disputes in New Jersey
Types of Matters That Our New Jersey Real Estate Dispute Lawyers Can Help You With
At the Choi Law Firm, our New Jersey real estate dispute lawyers can help you seek a fair and efficient resolution to a development or construction dispute. Our firm represents clients in cases involving:
- Breach of contract – All real estate transactions and construction or development deals involve contracts. In fact, real estate sales agreements are legally required to be in writing. As a result, disputes over real estate, development, or construction deals can easily lead to breach of contract claims. Common examples of breach of contract disputes in real estate include failure to pay required funds, failure to deliver the property in the contractually agreed-upon manner, or failure to perform the services promised in the contract.
- Real estate fraud – Fraud claims in real estate arise when property is discovered to have problems or other issues that were not disclosed by the selling party. This may include a building having hidden maintenance issues, or a parcel of property not having the required zoning approvals or building permits. More serious cases of real estate fraud may involve parties attempting to sell properties or property rights that they don’t actually own.
- Co-owner disputes – Many real estate development disputes involve serious disagreements between the co-owners of the property. Disputes may include how to develop or maintain the property or whether to sell the property. Co-owner disputes can become incredibly tricky due to the shared management rights of the parties. In many cases, these disputes end up in litigation that results in a partition of the property.
- Contractor disputes – Contractor disputes in real estate development deals can involve breach of contract claims when the developer or property owner alleges that the contractor failed to fulfill their duties under the contract. Disputes may also result in contractors placing liens on property when they claim they have not been fully paid under their contract.
- Zoning and building code issues – Real estate development and construction also involve navigating complex zoning and building codes. In many cases, property owners and developers may need to secure variances from the code requirements. This can lead to disputes with state and local regulators when they decline to grant requested variances.
What Our Experienced Construction Dispute Attorneys in Bergen County, NJ Can Do to Make a Difference in Your Legal Matter
A real estate or construction dispute can be a costly matter and may jeopardize your investment. Turn to the qualified construction dispute attorneys in Bergen County, NJ at the Choi Law Firm to help you pursue a favorable outcome in your case by:
- Recovering documents, testimony, and other evidence we can use to build an effective case in favor of your interests
- Going over your legal rights and options with you so that you have the information you need to make informed decisions throughout your case
- Working with experts when needed to help us explain technical issues in your real estate dispute
- Negotiating on your behalf to try to obtain a settlement that efficiently and favorably resolves the dispute
- Going to court when litigation becomes necessary to defend your rights and interests if a settlement cannot be reached
Reach Out to Our Qualified New Jersey Real Estate Dispute Lawyers for a Case Evaluation to Discuss Your Legal Options
If you find yourself in a real estate or property construction dispute or lawsuit, let the real estate attorneys for construction disputes at the Choi Law Firm help you seek a fair and favorable resolution to your case. Contact our firm today for a confidential consultation to learn more about how we can assist you in protecting your rights and interests.
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction and Real Estate Disputes in New Jersey
No one can predict the timeline of a lawsuit with any certainty. Various circumstances will determine how long a real estate construction dispute might take, including how complex the legal issues and evidence in the case are, how many parties are involved in the case, the monetary value of the dispute, and even the schedule of the court should the dispute end up being filed as a lawsuit or end up going to trial. You can be sure that the New Jersey real estate dispute lawyers at the Choi Law Firm will work hard to find a fair resolution to your case as quickly as possible.
Most real estate construction legal disputes are ultimately resolved through a negotiated settlement between the parties, often before the dispute ends up going to trial or even being filed as a lawsuit in court. While our firm understands the value of a quick and efficient resolution of a legal dispute through a settlement, we are also prepared with the experience and resources to fight for a favorable result for you in court or at trial if needed.
“I always felt that they were genuinely fighting for me; truly looking out for my best interests."
I am very grateful for Sandra Choi and her team. They were kind, compassionate, thorough and very professional throughout the entire process of my case. I always felt that they were listening to my concerns and interests and provided all the professional advice and answers to my questions that I needed to feel confident about my decisions.”
“One of the best things about Ms. Choi is that she is caring and listens carefully to understand your situation."
Sandra Choi is attentive, kind, thoughtful, and professional. She was thorough and well-prepared throughout my case, and I was impressed by her honesty and work ethic. Ms. Choi and her team were helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns, and she certainly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Ms. Choi and her team.